We will be going back to New Orleans this summer determined to see God transform the neighborhood of the Abiding Temple district. Join us as work again with Pastors Marc and Angie Smith to share the Gospel with those that have been overtaken with despair and hopelessness.
Romans 10:20 tells us, “I was found by those who sought me not, I became manifested to those who were not looking for me.” One of the most exciting aspects of our trip each summer to New Orleans is how we see the Lord make Himself real to the people we come into contact with. God is with us every step of the way as we present His gospel to the many people who have no idea who Jesus really is. If you are looking for an adventure in your walk with Christ, you need to consider joining us this summer.
I . Our Evangelistic Strategy
- Our main focus is one-on-one street and neighborhood ministry where we go house-to-house and share the message of Jesus with whoever will listen.
- We will not only go door-to-door but will seek out pockets of the homeless community which are made up of very young people who have run away from home or have been kicked out. These young people welcome us with open arms and end up impacting our lives for eternity.
- We also have neighborhood cookouts for those who could use a free meal and a friendly face. This is how we meet many in the community.
- We will have special services thru the week where we seek out and invite many who would never otherwise go to church.
- This year we will include special children activities where we combine fun activities with practical teachings on the life of Jesus.
- We will also take the group down to the French Quarter on Bourbon Street. This is always an exciting opportunity to share Jesus Christ one-on-one with many who are very interested in finding out more about the gospel. This is an optional part of our outreach and not everyone is required to participate. You are welcome to stay at the camp and pray for the rest of us.
II. Spiritual Refreshment and Evangelistic Training
- Each day is packed with times of worship, teaching and evangelistic training. We allow the Holy Spirit to minister to all of us and transform our lives before we are sent out on the streets. Most everyone who has gone with us has said that they receive much more from the Lord than they give out. Isn’t that just like our incredible Lord and Savior?
- Staying at one of YWAM’s homes (Youth with a Mission), we develop friendships that will last life time. Nothing like hanging out with like-minded believers who take The Great Commission seriously.
III. Requirements to Come with Us
- You must be a committed believer in Jesus Christ who has a desire to see others develop a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- You need to willing to submit to authority and trust the leadership of our team. You need to understand that you will be asked to be part of a team and be eager and willing to meet the tasks set before you.
- The cost of this nine day trip is $400.00 per person, which includes transportation, room and board and 85% of all meals. You will need extra spending money for when we do eat out and snacks as we travel back and forth from Dallas to New Orleans (generally an extra $50 to $100 is enough). This $400.00 is due no later than the Saturday before we leave, July 12th. You can begin to make payments thru our web-site. You may also mail it to: Executing His Word, P.O. Box 294245, Lewisville, Tx. 75029.
- You will need to bring a pillow, blanket or sleeping bag and very practical, casual clothes and toiletries. You will be sleeping on a bunk bed in a dorm like atmosphere. We will eat most of our meals on site. If you have special eating needs or limitations just let us know in advance. We have a great chef whose goal is to keep you satisfied and well fed.
- You will need to bring your Bible, any devotions you might be using and plenty of pens and paper as you will be in a classroom atmosphere almost every day during this trip.
- You will be asked to participate in as many planning and prayer meetings as possible.
Dates will be updated soon.
- We will leave Saturday morning at 7:00am, July 19 and plan on getting back sometime between 5:00 and 8:00pm Sunday, July 27. We leave from my home at 4300 Windsor Drive, Flower Mound, Tx. 75028. You are welcome to fly into New Orleans directly and we will pick you up at the airport. If you really want to come but cant get away for the entire 9 days, you can come for as many days as possible. Your daily rate, in this case, would be $50.00 per day. This still needs to be paid by July 14th.
If you are unable to join us but would like to help out financially, we would greatly appreciate your support. All donations received are either used to help those going or the expenses of ministering to the hundreds of people we meet. You may donate directly thru our web-site or mail your gift to Executing His Word, P.O. Box 294245, Lewisville, Tx. 75029.
God Bless and thanks for your support,