I was awakened by the Lord with this brief message to those who would read this.
“And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs; for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty. (“Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.”) And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon.” Revelation 16:13-16 (NASB)
There are three points from this passage that every believer needs to understand:
1. The enemy of our soul is speaking to his demonic leadership while many of us are sleeping.
2. Satan is gathering his army together for war in order to create as much destruction and chaos as possible.
3. The Lord will ultimately cut Satan’s march of destruction short, but those in the church who are sleeping will be put to shame.
There are two very specific aspects of this passage that I need to urge you to consider:
1. Since the enemy is planning for further assaults, we need to be ready. While I tossed and turned in my bed, I felt like the Lord was rebuking me for not fully and specifically communicating to those associated with this ministry that Executing His Word needs additional funds available.
This ministry is supposed to be ready to be deployed immediately when the Lord speaks. Specifically, He has spoken to me about two ways the funds that we receive should be used:
A. We are in need of funds to help others who have been called to personal evangelism. The Lord has stirred my heart that we have members of our team who are in need of financial help as I write this message. I want to aid those who have been called with the funds necessary to fulfill their calling. Whether its inner city ministry, homeless ministry, neighborhood ministry, or ministry outside of America; I want to facilitate that function.
B. We also need funds available so that members of this ministry can be dispersed immediately as disasters develop in our nation. Having served those who lost their homes in Alabama due to tornadoes (2011) and making multiple visits during Occupy Dallas (2011-2012), I realize that disaster comes in many forms. Whether it be natural disaster or social unrest, only the gospel can can heal the hearts of men. We need to be ready with that gospel to rescue people from the edge of death and bring peace and love to where violence and hatred dwells.
In addition to these two ways, we are also preparing for our next trip to New Orleans, July 19-27, 2014 and will need help with this outreach as well. We love serving the people of the 8th ward and Pastor Marc Smith in reaching the lost in his community.
2. The second aspect of this passage is a warning to those who would read this who have been sleeping. He is calling you to wake up. There are several people who will read this who have been sleeping spiritually. You think you are fine because you have been involved in a lot of religious activity, but the Lord is saying that you have not been listening to Him. If this is you, please wake up before it is too late. Specifically, there are members of your family who are in far more trouble than you realize and the Lord wants to show you what to do.
From my personal experience, please do not put this off. If you are supposed to support this ministry financially, do so as the Lord directs. If you are one of those who have been sleeping, get with your Savior immediately and begin to seek His face, even if you need to take a day off from work.
Please pass this message on to others you believe need to read this.
May the Lord prepare and equip you to enter the fields which are ready to be harvested.