Sure, you could swing by the Our History page and the title to this post would be more or less answered, but the redesign of this site created a personal discovery I wanted to share. In re-approaching the site I questioned what we were setting to accomplish… how could we properly communicate the ministry of reaching the lost and moving believers outside their church walls… how could we engage an audience that is not connected to evangelism but feels the pull on their soul to do something in and outside their circle of influence?
Thinking through these questions I had to let go of an incorrect notion that I’ve held for many years: Executing His Word is Nelson Ligon.
I love Nelson as I’m sure many of you do. His commitment to others touches his family, friends, the streets of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, the city of New Orleans, and into many other countless places. He’s personally been my father, friend, boss and pastor. Over the course of that time I have had a front-row seat to the depth of his heart in reaching the spiritually lost of our society. His burden to see Christ revealed in the hearts of men and women is like no other.
Most of us have attended a church service where missionaries or evangelists stood before a congregation and shared how God was using them in their ministry. While many are in fact sincere, there are those who are not. Sometime its selfish self-promotion, a greedy way to fill their pockets with money, dry and boring, or stories from years ago because they are not truly involved in ministry now.
Nelson on the other hand is none of those things. He is the first to shy away from the spotlight, detests asking for donations in fear of the association with Christian misuse of money, is anything but boring (have you ever heard any of his witnessing experiences?), and is as involved today as he ever has been in reaching the lost. So forgive me when my connection to Executing His Word are rooted in Nelson Ligon.
The truth is: I am Executing His Word.
And just as much as I am, so are you. Think about it.
Executing His Word is a movement, made up of:
- men and women
- young and old
- different races
- different denominations
- multiple economic backgrounds
What makes us who we are is the common belief in reaching our communities with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and seeing spiritual freedom birthed by the Holy Spirit. It’s a fire within us that propels us to not leave this world the same.
That is what Executing his Word is.
Moving forward, this website represents a meeting ground for those who were changed by the ever amazing grace of their Creator and the call that has been placed within them. To achieve this goal Executing His Word needs to:
- continue growth financially (I said it, not Nelson). If you can look at America and not see why that is necessity or look at this ministry and not see how funds are used, then you’re looking with closed eyes. Our goal is to see Executing His Word become a 501c 3 faith-based non-profit ministry and have books that are up-to-date and open.
- make an impact with Christian youth and expand to bring in new people. Our team in the last year has grown in these areas and this must continue to best serve our communities. With social media (Facebook, Twitter) there is no reason we can’t all be doing more in this regard.
- exist as a promotion for the areas of ministry we are all involved in. While this site will keep you informed on official Executing His Word outreaches and conferences, it needs to be a place where you can share other evangelism opportunities locally and around the globe.
- create up-to-date content on this site to both challenge and educate believers, as well as evangelistic information for non-believers. If you would be interested in sharing on this site please use the contact page to send me your info so I can tell you how to get started.
There is much to accomplish and we will not rest until God calls us home. Be encouraged friends as we each individually face challenges to separate ourselves from the ways of this world and pursue the glory of Christ. Know that each one of you are apart of what is happening here at Executing His Word. This is only the beginning.